If you have leftover hard boiled eggs after your Easter egg hunt, turn them into this delicious, healthy salad. Serves 4.
- 3 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons finely minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 10 cups mixed salad greens
- 8 ounces shredded cooked chicken breast, (about 1 large breast half)
- 2 large eggs, hard-boiled, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 large cucumber, seeded and sliced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese, (optional)
- Whisk vinegar, shallot, mustard, pepper and salt in a small bowl to combine. Whisk in oil until combined. Place salad greens in a large bowl. Add half of the dressing and toss to coat.
- Divide the greens among 4 plates. Arrange equal portions of chicken, egg, tomatoes, cucumber, avocado, bacon and blue cheese (if using) on top of the lettuce. Drizzle the salads with the remaining dressing.
Lisa Landman is a fitness and health guru. Learn more about her professional work or check out her Twitter!